In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
وَٱلنَّٰزِعَٰتِ غَرْقًا ﴿١﴾
1. By those (angels) who pull out (the souls of the disbelievers and the wicked) with great violence;
وَٱلسَّٰبِحَٰتِ سَبْحًا ﴿٣﴾
3. And by those that swim along (i.e. angels or planets in their orbits, etc.).
فَٱلسَّٰبِقَٰتِ سَبْقًا ﴿٤﴾
4. And by those that press forward as in a race (i.e. the angels or stars or the horses, etc.).
فَٱلْمُدَبِّرَٰتِ أَمْرًا ﴿٥﴾
5. And by those angels who arrange to do the Commands of their Lord, (so verily, you disbelievers will be called to account).
يَوْمَ تَرْجُفُ ٱلرَّاجِفَةُ ﴿٦﴾
6. On the Day (when the first blowing of the Trumpet is blown), the earth and the mountains will shake violently (and everybody will die),
تَتْبَعُهَا ٱلرَّادِفَةُ ﴿٧﴾
7. The second blowing of the Trumpet follows it (and everybody will be raised up),
يَقُولُونَ أَءِنَّا لَمَرْدُودُونَ فِى ٱلْحَافِرَةِ ﴿١٠﴾
10. They say: "Shall we indeed be returned to (our) former state of life?
قَالُوا۟ تِلْكَ إِذًا كَرَّةٌ خَاسِرَةٌ ﴿١٢﴾
12. They say: "It would in that case, be a return with loss!"
فَإِنَّمَا هِىَ زَجْرَةٌ وَٰحِدَةٌ ﴿١٣﴾
13. But only, it will be a single Zajrah [shout (i.e., the second blowing of the Trumpet)]. (See Verse 37:19).
فَإِذَا هُم بِٱلسَّاهِرَةِ ﴿١٤﴾
14. When, behold, they find themselves over the earth alive after their death,
إِذْ نَادَىٰهُ رَبُّهُۥ بِٱلْوَادِ ٱلْمُقَدَّسِ طُوًى ﴿١٦﴾
16. When his Lord called him in the sacred valley of Tuwa,
ٱذْهَبْ إِلَىٰ فِرْعَوْنَ إِنَّهُۥ طَغَىٰ ﴿١٧﴾
17. Go to Fir'aun (Pharaoh), verily, he has transgressed all bounds (in crimes, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.).
فَقُلْ هَل لَّكَ إِلَىٰٓ أَن تَزَكَّىٰ ﴿١٨﴾
18. And say to him: "Would you purify yourself (from the sin of disbelief by becoming a believer)",
وَأَهْدِيَكَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ فَتَخْشَىٰ ﴿١٩﴾
19. And that I guide you to your Lord, so you should fear Him?
فَأَرَىٰهُ ٱلْءَايَةَ ٱلْكُبْرَىٰ ﴿٢٠﴾
20. Then [Musa (Moses)] showed him the great sign (miracles).
فَأَخَذَهُ ٱللَّهُ نَكَالَ ٱلْءَاخِرَةِ وَٱلْأُولَىٰٓ ﴿٢٥﴾
25. So Allah, seized him with punishment for his last [i.e. his saying: "I am your lord, most high") (see Verse 79:24)] and first [(i.e. his saying, "O chiefs! I know not that you have a god other than I" (see Verse 28:38)] transgression.
إِنَّ فِى ذَٰلِكَ لَعِبْرَةً لِّمَن يَخْشَىٰٓ ﴿٢٦﴾
26. Verily, in this is an instructive admonition for whosoever fears Allah.
ءَأَنتُمْ أَشَدُّ خَلْقًا أَمِ ٱلسَّمَآءُ بَنَىٰهَا ﴿٢٧﴾
27. Are you more difficult to create, or is the heaven that He constructed?
وَأَغْطَشَ لَيْلَهَا وَأَخْرَجَ ضُحَىٰهَا ﴿٢٩﴾
29. Its night He covers with darkness, and its forenoon He brings out (with light).
أَخْرَجَ مِنْهَا مَآءَهَا وَمَرْعَىٰهَا ﴿٣١﴾
31. And brought forth therefrom its water and its pasture;
مَتَٰعًا لَّكُمْ وَلِأَنْعَٰمِكُمْ ﴿٣٣﴾
33. (To be) a provision and benefit for you and your cattle.
فَإِذَا جَآءَتِ ٱلطَّآمَّةُ ٱلْكُبْرَىٰ ﴿٣٤﴾
34. But when there comes the greatest catastrophe (i.e. the Day of Recompense, etc.),
يَوْمَ يَتَذَكَّرُ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ مَا سَعَىٰ ﴿٣٥﴾
35. The Day when man shall remember what he strove for,
وَبُرِّزَتِ ٱلْجَحِيمُ لِمَن يَرَىٰ ﴿٣٦﴾
36. And Hell-fire shall be made apparent in full view for (every) one who sees,
فَأَمَّا مَن طَغَىٰ ﴿٣٧﴾
37. Then, for him who Tagha (transgressed all bounds, in disbelief, oppression and evil deeds of disobedience to Allah).
وَءَاثَرَ ٱلْحَيَوٰةَ ٱلدُّنْيَا ﴿٣٨﴾
38. And preferred the life of this world (by following his evil desires and lusts),
وَأَمَّا مَنْ خَافَ مَقَامَ رَبِّهِۦ وَنَهَى ٱلنَّفْسَ عَنِ ٱلْهَوَىٰ ﴿٤٠﴾
40. But as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires, and lusts.
يَسْـَٔلُونَكَ عَنِ ٱلسَّاعَةِ أَيَّانَ مُرْسَىٰهَا ﴿٤٢﴾
42. They ask you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) about the Hour, - when will be its appointed time?
إِنَّمَآ أَنتَ مُنذِرُ مَن يَخْشَىٰهَا ﴿٤٥﴾
45. You (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) are only a warner for those who fear it,